What is Kapalabhati?
- A form of breath control.
- In Sanskrit. Kapal means "skull" and "bhati" means "illuminating". The increase of oxygen and prone illuminates the skull, face, and skin! It's purifying for the frontal brain, as well.
- Part of the yogic principles of the body cleansing techniques - shatkarma. Therefore, it's cleaning as well as breath work.
- You focus on the exhales instead of the inhales (inhales happen naturally)
- Traditionally done for 3 rounds for 30 pumps of breath each round.
- A very meditative practice - aligns both hemispheres of the brain.
- Can be practiced daily.