This recipe is our favorite to make for breakfast 5 out of 7 times a week for many reasons.
- It's fast, easy & DELICIOUS (okay, that's 3 reasons already).
- It's packed with nutrients and keep us full well to lunch.
- You can change it up many ways.
- It's cheap!
The chia pudding takes about 20 minutes to set so make that the night before or first as you prepare the other ingredients.
I usually top it with whatever I have available at the moment (various berries, nuts, seeds...) and sometimes I add cocoa to the pudding, peanut butter to the parfait, coconut, and more. Go crazy! This can easily be made into a dessert as well, and in many different ways. Think: A vegan version of strawberry shortcake.. mmm, now I'm hungry!).
Chia Pudding and Parfait
Prep time: 10 minutes active time
20 minutes set time for the chia pudding
A delicious and nutritious breakfast packed with super foods. You'll be excited to wake up and eat this every morning and you'll feel satisfied until lunchtime. The recipe can easily be adapted and transformed into a dessert or to match special occasions/diets.
Author: Rima the Jungle Girl
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
Serves: 2 - 6 people (chia pudding can be kept in fridge for 2 - 4 days)
Prepare the chia pudding at least 20 minutes before making the parfait.
- 1 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup soy creamer (or other creamy non-dairy milk, can also use regular non-dairy milk)
- 2 tbs agave or maple syrup (or other sweetener)
- 2 dashes of cinnamon
- 4 tbs chia seeds
Choose 3 - 5 of the following
- Coconut or Soy yogurt
- Hemp seeds
- Goji berries
- Almonds (other nuts)
- Cacao nibs
- and more!
- For pudding, mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add chia seeds, mixing well for a minute or so. Don’t let the chia seeds clump together (I let sit for 5 minutes and stir again before putting in the fridge).
- Let sit in fridge for at least 20 minutes or up to 2 - 4 days.
Assemble the Parfait
- Layer chia pudding with 3 - 5 ingredients above in a bowl or glass and enjoy immediately!
- Keep changing it up based on the season.